A deliciously satisfying Midwest Farm Burger that is perfect for brunch!
On the weekends, we love to make a larger-than-usual breakfast. So, by the time we get everything cooked, it usually turns into a brunch. Usually, our brunch staples include bacon, eggs, and sausage.
Doesn’t that just look tasty? If you are not a fan of adding a sausage patty, it is still a great burger!
A few tips for making this Midwest Brunch Farm Burger:
- Fry your bacon first and then fry your eggs in the bacon grease. This gives the eggs excellent flavor. Feel free to sprinkle a bit of black pepper on the eggs while they are cooking.
- I like to cut my bacon strips in half before frying them up. Just use your kitchen scissors to snip them. I feel that it makes them easier to stack on your burger.
- I have spoiled myself with freeze-dried herbs. They are already chopped up and makes cooking easier. So in this recipe, I used freeze-dried chopped chives.
- When applying the cream cheese and chives spread, make sure to apply it to both sides of your roll.
- Try toasting your roll. Simply cut your roll in half. Place the cut side down on a heated skillet until lightly browned.
- Make sure you pick a ripe avocado if you plan to make this recipe same day as your shopping trip. If you don’t get a ripe one, place it on your window sill to help it ripen. I usually have to do this since I am not the greatest at picking out ripe ones.
- I just picked up some country-style pork sausage in the meat department. I decided not to get the prepared patties so I could make a slightly larger patty. Sometimes the prepared ones end up pretty small when they are cooked.
- When you go to make the patties, the thinner the patty the better. It will cook all the way through faster.
This Farm Burger would be perfect to fix when you have a family gathering as well. You can lay out all of the ingredients and everyone can fix their burger the way they want. Everyone will be happy!
Midwest Brunch Farm Burger Recipe
- 5 Tbsp freeze dried chopped chives
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 package of thick cut bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb country style pork sausage
- 1 ripe avocado
- baby spinach leaves
- 4 kaisar rolls
- In a bowl, mix together the chives and cream cheese. Set aside until ready to make the sandwich.
- Fry up the bacon in a skillet.
- When the bacon is done, fry your eggs in the bacon grease.
- Fry up your pork sausage pattys in a clean skillet.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh from the peel and cut into slices.
Building your Farm Burger
- Cut your kaisar rolls in half.
- Spread the cream cheese spread onto both sides of your roll.
- Layer the avocado, sausage patty, bacon, egg, and spinach leaves.
- Put the top of the roll on and you are ready to devour this delicious sandwich.