I love when the weather gets cooler because I can break out all of my soup and stew recipes!
I’ve had Oyster Soup and Oyster Stew many different ways. There are people who like the standard oysters, milk, and butter recipe, but I am one who likes to incorporate more veggies into it. I’m all about the veggies these days!
- 4 small cans whole Oysters (no shell)
- 1 can Sliced Carrots
- 1 bag Diced Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 Celery Stalks, Diced
- 1 can Mushrooms
- Green Onions
- Oyster Crackers
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Using a large pot (6-8 qt) combine all ingredients listed above except onions, cheese, salt, and crackers, and turn your stove on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- When potatoes are soft and cooked all the way through the stew will be done.
- Top with green onions, cheese (optional), a sprinkle of salt (optional), and oyster crackers.
What soup or stew recipes do you make during the winter?