With the cold weather right around the corner, I’ve been feeling a bit excited to start making some soup recipes. This year I am trying to focus on making some new recipes for my family and get away from always serving plain canned soups. So, I thought I’d browse around to find some new recipes to add to my menu.
Image credit: Sunny Forest vis Shutterstock
Pinterest makes it easy to find recipes that other bloggers have created for their families. I love finding other recipes by bloggers because I know that they are tried and true, and some of my favorite ones will also be kid-friendly. I hope you enjoy this roundup of 20 soup recipes we’ve put together for you, and that you find something new to make during the fall and winter months.
1. Oyster Stew – Midwestern Moms
Oyster stew is something that is always popular with the family during the holidays. It seems like it’s always served during one of our get-togethers, and this recipe for an easy Oyster Stew is not only simple, but delicious.
2. Chicken Avocado Lime Soup – Can Cook Will Travel
Kelli has some creative food on her blog, and this tasty soup is no exception. I love that this recipe can be dressed up a bit by adding some chips and sour cream, or down for the littles, by removing the jalapeños for the spice. This is a soup I plan on making very soon.
3. Chicken Potpie Soup – Kitchen Dreaming
This looks a whole lot like comfort food in a bowl. The kids will be sure to love this one!
4. Slow Cooker Nacho Soup – Baked by Rachel
All the nacho flavors in a hearty cheese soup! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and a little sour cream.
5. White Bean and Ham Soup – Simply Recipes
This ham and bean soup recipe would be a perfect comfort food when it’s really cold outside. Also a great way to use leftover ham from holiday dinners.
6. Greek Lemon Chicken Soup – A Spicy Perspective
Here’s one I’ve never heard of before, but it sounds delicious. Not only that, but this soup is healthy! Can’t beat that.
7. Easy Thai Shrimp Soup – Damn Delicious
When I saw easy in the title I had to click just to see for myself. This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make, and looks amazing. Sure to impress guests (or your family)!
8. Crock Pot Steak Soup – Recipes That Crock
This soup looks tasty! If you have some time to allow this to cook in the crock pot, you’ll be able to reap the delicious rewards.
9. One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup – Carlsbad Cravings
I can’t even begin to express my excitement over this soup. Chicken lasagna with a creamy soup base. Yum!
10. Carrot Autumn Squash Soup – The Glowing Fridge
This cleansing soup is healthy and comforting. I love a great squash soup, so I can’t wait to try this one.
11. Cabbage Roll Soup – A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
All the taste of a cabbage roll with half the work. This soup cooks up fairly quickly also, which is a plus if you need to throw together a hearty supper in a pinch.
12. Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup – The Floating Kitchen
This unique recipe looks like it’s packed with flavor. I love cauliflower, and this soup looks extra creamy and delicious.
13. Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup – Tornadough Alli
Gnocchi is one of my favorites, and I love this Olive Garden soup. Be honest, who else goes there just for the soup, salad, and breadsticks? Okay, so occasionally I’ll order a pasta plate also, but this soup is amazing. I can’t wait to make this copycat recipe.
14. Asiago Broccoli Cheese Soup – Will Cook for Smiles
It’s hard to beat a good broccoli cheese soup. Includes recipe for homemade cheesy croutons also.
15. Brie and Cheddar Apple Beer Soup with Cinnamon Pecan Oat Crumble – Half Baked Harvest
Doesn’t this just sound delicious? You have to see the photos to believe how delicious this soup looks. It’s going on my menu right away!
16. Beef Pho Noodle Soup – A Healthy Life For Me
Pho is one of my favorite foods now. I tried it for the first time last year, and it’s quickly become one of those meals that I crave. I can’t wait to make this at home!
17. Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup – Chef in Training
Flavors of traditional chicken cordon bleu in creamy soup form. This soup sounds fancy, and looking amazingly simple!
18. Best Clam Chowder – Reluctant Entertainer
I love a great clam chowder. This recipe looks delicious with the bacon on top. A great meal during the holiday season!
19. Jalapeno Popper Soup – The Gracious Wife
I’m obsessed with Jalapeno Popper Dip, so naturally when I saw this soup, it caught my eye. I’ll save this for a time when the kids are away, but I have to try this soup. It looks scrumptious.
20. Cream of Reuben Soup – An Affair from the Heart
Oh. My. Reuben Soup? This recipe has just stolen my heart. I love reuben sandwiches and have to try this soup! In fact, it’s next on the list!
Did you find a new soup recipe that you’d like to make?