This post is brought to you courtesy of Hillshire Farm® but all the opinions and content are mine.
Easy and quick Sausage and Rice Skillet Recipe perfect for weekday night meals.
During the week it can be hard to come up with a tasty meal that can be done easily. That is why I love fixing a sausage and rice meal. It is simple and easy to throw together and it uses one dish! Less time cooking and cleaning gives me more time to speed with my family of an evening. I like to pick up a HILLSHIRE FARM® BEEF POLSKA KIELBASA SAUSAGE at Target in the meat section. I also used Target’s CARTWHEEL to save 20% on the sausage I purchased! Then all I need is to grab up a couple other items to make this delicious sausage and rice skillet recipe.
You could use any of the Hillshire Farm® sausages to create this dish. They would all be great:
- Beef Rope Sausage
- Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage
- Smoked Turkey Rope Sausage
- Meat Polska Sausage
The reason I chose the Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage is because I knew it had a great flavor and spice. It goes perfectly with rice.
Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth – 14 ozNishiki Brown Rice Quick Cooking, 5-poundsThe Pioneer Woman Butterfly 3-Piece Non-Stick Fry Pan Set with Butterfly Logo, TurquoiseOXO Good Grips Brushed Stainless Steel Spoon
Sausage and Rice Skillet Recipe
Yield 4-5 servings
Easy Sausage and Rice Skillet recipe perfect for dinnertime.
- Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage, 12 oz.
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 8.8 oz of quick Brown Rice
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Pepper
- Cut your Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In a large skillet, sauté the chunked sausage until lightly brown.
- Remove the sausage chunks and place them on a paper towel lined plate.
- If you have drippings, keep 1 tablespoon worth in the skillet.
- In the same skillet, sauté the red pepper and garlic clove together - about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, add the rice, salt, pepper, and cooked sausage.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat until the rice is cooked - about 5 minutes.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.