Delicious homemade Mediterranean pizza!
Doesn’t that pizza look wonderful? I can tell you, with it’s daring flavor, it didn’t last long in this house. If you notice, there isn’t red pizza sauce on this pizza. Extra Light Olive Oil provided for a wonderful garlic sauteed sauce. It was even key in cooking the chicken for this pizza. Mediterranean pizza has made it to the top of my list of favorite food!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is the recipe for Mediterranean Pizza. I was surprised at how simple it was to make.
Mediterranean Pizza with CarbonellPrint Recipe
For the Sauce:
- 4 tbsp. Extra Light Olive Oil
- 4 tsp freeze dried garlic cloves or 4 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 5 oz chicken breast cut into thin slices about a half an inch long
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried marjoram
- Pinch dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese about 1/4 cup
- 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 handful of spinach if you have large leaves, tear to smaller size
- Pinch dried oregano basil, and marjoram to sprinkle over the top of the pizza
For the crust:
- I bought a pre-made thin crust.
For the Sauce:
- Heat the Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes or until the garlic turns a golden brown.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
For the Chicken:
- In the same pan as the sauce, add 1 tsp of Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add the chicken slices, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain and set aside.
Assembling the Pizza:
- Brush the sauce (olive oil and garlic mixture) over the top of the pizza crust.
- Add 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, then chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, spinach, and then the last cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle a bit of oregano, basil, and marjoram over the top.
- Cook according to your crust directions. Mine said to bake at 450 for 8 minutes.