This New Year cleaning resolution tips post is brought to you by Mr. Clean as part of a Type-A Parent Community Sponsored Post.
It’s a New Year and we have a new house. Time to be thinking about how I need to be keeping it clean. We went from a nice ranch style house to a big 2 story house. I now have about double the cleaning space. With baby number 2 on the way, it will be tough to clean in one day now. So here is my tips for cleaning this year:
- Break up your cleaning into small jobs – I plan to break up my cleaning into small jobs I can get done quickly and spread them out throughout the week. Such as, I will have a day for the bathrooms to be cleaned, a day to vacuum, a day to sweep and mop, etc.
- Clean as you go – I admit, I am horrible at this. I plan to keep up with the kitchen much better than I have been. Dishes are my weakness. I hate dealing with them. So, I plan to load the dishwasher as dishes are dirty instead of letting them pile in the sink. Also, I plan to keep the counters wiped with Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle. The Crisp Lemon smells Amazing!
- Pick up toys every night – Anyone with kids knows that keeping toys picked up is hard to do. My 2 year old is always dragging toys out and our living room is like a minefield. So making sure all toys are picked up at night will help out tons! It will also provide a nice treasure hunt for the next day as he decides what he wants to play with.
- Organization – Everything needs a place to go, besides the counter or tables. I need to be a bit better at getting everything to it’s place as it comes in the house. You may need to buy storage bins to help you accomplish this.
- Removing clutter from your house – After our move, we learned we have a ton of stuff we probably don’t need. So it’s is time to purge things. I plan on having a garage sale once the weather heats up. It will be nice to get rid of stuff. What doesn’t sale, we are not going to pack back in the house. It will all be donated. Less cutter means less to clean around.
I mentioned Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle was going to help me clean my surfaces. I have already started using it in my kitchen to wipe down the counter tops. I received the Crisp Lemon Liquid Muscle and I love how it makes the house smell so clean! You can dilute it water and use it on your floors or apply it straight to a sponge to clean and follow up with a rise of water. You can’t use too much on your floor either. It has a built in auto-stop when you squeeze the bottle in your mop water. One squeeze for one gallon of water. Pretty simple.
What are some of your cleaning resolutions or tips?
This is a compensated post brought to you by Mr. Clean. Mr. Clean is kicking off the New Year with the launch of a new product called Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle, a new multi-purpose, multi-surface concentrated cleaning gel that delivers superior cleaning performance on and off the floor. Be sure to like Mr. Clean on Facebook and follow @RealMrClean on Twitter.