Shamrock Crochet Patterns
Shamrocks are a huge part of St. Patrick’s Day, and since we’ve already done a St. Patrick’s Day crochet round up on the blog, I thought this time we’d do one featuring Shamrock Crochet Patterns. The patterns below all feature a shamrock design.
A shamrock is a sprig of clover, with three leaves and a stem, that is symbolic to Ireland. We’ve gathered 20 crochet patterns all with this symbolic design for you to crochet this St. Patrick’s Day!
Shamrock Crochet Patterns
1. Crochet Shamrock Pattern
A basic pattern for a crochet shamrock. This design may be used as a simple applique, or joined to make a garland.
2. Shamrock Crochet Coffee Cozy Pattern
A great gift for any coffee-drinker. This crochet shamrock cozy pattern is great to take to work with you on St. Patrick’s Day.
3. Shamrock Crochet Headband Pattern
An adorable crochet head band pattern featuring shamrocks.
4. Shamrock Coasters – HGSDesigns
These coasters are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day decor, a party, or even someone who decorates using shamrocks. Unique design!
5. Irish Blessings Doily – Bella Crochet
This beautiful doily features a shamrock border on the inside and outside. I love the color pop in this piece.
6. Lucky Shamrock Baby Booties – Paper Yarn and Flour
White baby booties featuring tiny shamrocks on the sides. These would be cute gifts for your favorite wee one.
7. Wiggly Shamrock Hot Pad and Coaster Pattern – TheCrochetArchitect
I’m loving the raised design of this hot pad and coaster pattern. What a great way to decorate the kitchen for St. Patrick’s Day.
8. Crochet Shamrock Garland Pattern – Sarahndipities
A gorgeous garland pattern of shamrocks strung together to decorate with. This would be perfect on a table filled with treats, or even on your mantel.
9. Irish Flag Drink Koozie – Strung Out Fiber Arts
A great and festive way to keep your hands warm when holding cold cans and bottles this St. Patrick’s Day.
10. Feelin’ Lucky Shamrock Hat Pattern – ALonePineDesigns
A super cute hat pattern available from newborn to child sizes. I love the contrasting colors on this design.
11. Shamrock Beanie – MNE Crafts
A gorgeous beanie hat using the front post double crochet stitch to create a graph of a shamrock. Loving this statement piece.
12. Irish Crochet Shamrock Motif – Crochet Thread
This shamrock motif is made with a thinner thread and is absolutely beautiful. I love the intricate design.
13. Crochet Photography Shamrock Mat – CrochetMyLove
This shamrock mat is the cutest newborn baby photo prop! Would be a great addition to any photographer’s accessory kit for St. Patrick’s Day babies!
14. Shamrock Dishcloth – Yarnspirations
I feel like I can never have enough dishcloths–especially ones made with Sugar ‘n Cream. This is a great pattern with the stem being used as a loop to hang the cloth with.
15. Shamrock Crochet Edging – CraftTown
If you are looking for a unique edging for your blanket pattern, check out this shamrock edging. Very detailed and beautiful!
16. Shamrock Blanket C2C Pattern – Everything in Stitches
Corner-to-corner crochet (or C2C) blanket with shamrocks! I love this stitch because of the texture of the blanket.
17. St. Patrick’s Day Crochet Shamrock Hat – CrochetVerse
A hat crocheted using bulky yarn and the waistcoast stitch. This is one of my new favorite stitches!
18. Shamrock Basket – Divine Debris
A fabulous basket pattern in beginner’s stitches. I like how they used the red along with the green, I’m already thinking of the colors I could use to switch up the look a bit to match my decor.
19. Shamrock Bottle Cozy Pattern – Rescued Paw Designs
A free pattern for a bottle cozy to use for St. Patrick’s Day featuring a shamrock.
20. Irish Pride Granny Square Pattern – Mama 2 4 Boys
A crochet granny square with a shamrock, lined in red. I love this square!
What pattern do you think you’ll make first?
Oooo, this is so fun!! I’ve just started trying my hand a crochet, and it’s such a great opportunity for gift giving! Totally going to be trying some of these patterns – thanks for sharing! <3