A Cute St. Patrick’s Day Treat that kids will love to help make! These Leprechaun Hat Treats are easily made by kids with some adult help.
My three-year-old son and I had some fun in the kitchen this weekend. We made Leprechaun Hat Treats (and other things you will learn about later)!
These are so much fun for St. Patrick’s Day. He really enjoyed helping mommy out. He kept telling me that he was “A Big Helper”.
When my son was covering the marshmallows with the chocolate, I think more disappeared in his belly than made it to the wax paper. He loves chocolate and marshmallows.
He would also name off which marshmallow was for who. He even chased down Dad to give him a chocolate marshmallow. At least he likes to share, right?
Supplies For Leprechaun Hat Treats
Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers – 10ozWilton Dark Green Candy Melts, 12-OunceKraft Jet-Puffed Original Large Marshmallows, 10 oz Bag (Pack of 2)Reynolds Wrap Cut-Rite Wax Paper – 75 sq ft – 2 pkLeprechaun Hat Treats!Click To Tweet
How to make Leprechaun Hat Treats
Follow these instructions to create delicious Leprechaun Hats!
Leprechaun Hat Treats
Leprechaun Hats are a perfect treat for St. Patrick's Day!
- Melt the Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers according to the package.
- Dip the top of the cookies into the chocolate and lay them on wax paper to allow the chocolate to set.
- Dip the marshmallows into the chocolate using a toothpick. Make sure to cover it the end of the marshmallow. You can leave the end with the toothpick uncovered. Place on wax paper to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate is set on the marshmallows. Melt the green candy melts according to the package.
- Dip the uncovered end of the marshmallows into the candy melts to give the hat it's green ribbon.
- Place the marshmallows down onto the cookies to complete the hat.
What treats do you like to make with your kids? If you don’t have kids, what was your favorite recipe to make while growing up?
More St. Patrick’s Day Treats
- St. Patrick’s Day Bark Recipe
- St. Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow Recipe
- St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe
- St. Paddy’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown if you loved these Dressed Up Peeps, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the photos to view the articles.