A Cute St. Patrick’s Day Treat that kids will love to help make! These Leprechaun Hat Treats are easily made by kids with some adult help.
My three-year-old son and I had some fun in the kitchen this weekend. We made Leprechaun Hat Treats (and other things you will learn about later)!
These are so much fun for St. Patrick’s Day. He really enjoyed helping mommy out. He kept telling me that he was “A Big Helper”.
When my son was covering the marshmallows with the chocolate, I think more disappeared in his belly than made it to the wax paper. He loves chocolate and marshmallows.
He would also name off which marshmallow was for who. He even chased down Dad to give him a chocolate marshmallow. At least he likes to share, right?
Leprechaun Hat Treats!
These Leprechaun Hat Treats were great to bond over in the kitchen. He got to be Mommy’s Big Helper and it truly made his day.
How to make Leprechaun Hat Treats
Follow these instructions to create delicious Leprechaun Hats!Print
Leprechaun Hats are a perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Melt the Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers according to the package.
- Dip the top of the cookies into the chocolate and lay them on wax paper to allow the chocolate to set.
- Dip the marshmallows into the chocolate using a toothpick. Make sure to cover it the end of the marshmallow. You can leave the end with the toothpick uncovered. Place on wax paper to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate is set on the marshmallows. Melt the green candy melts according to the package.
- Dip the uncovered end of the marshmallows into the candy melts to give the hat it’s green ribbon.
- Place the marshmallows down onto the cookies to complete the hat.
Keywords: leprechaun hats
What treats do you like to make with your kids? If you don’t have kids, what was your favorite recipe to make while growing up?