We are always asking Santa for items for Christmas. Has anyone asked Santa what he wants for while traveling around the world delivering presents?
We assume he wants milk and cookies, but after seeing the video below, Santa wants Bacon! I was going to make Santa some cookies this year, but now we will be leaving him some candied bacon!
Before I get to the recipe, you need to know about Farmland’s fight against hunger. They need your help!
This candied bacon recipe is SO easy to make. You only need some Farmland bacon and brown sugar. I know Santa is going to love this bacon. My youngest son couldn’t stay out of it!
How To Make Candied Bacon
A deliciously sweet twist to serving bacon.
Candied Bacon Recipe
- 6 slices Bacon I used Honey & Maple flavored
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- Line a sided cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the brown sugar into a large bowl.
- Taking a slice of bacon at a time, toss the bacon in the brown sugar.
- Then place the bacon on the cookie sheet.
- If you have any brown sugar left, sprinkle it on the bacon.
- Put in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 mins.
- Check on your bacon. If it isn’t crisp and golden brown, cook for about 10 more minutes. You will not want the bacon to be completely crisp when you pull it out of the oven. It will finish crisping when you pull it out of the oven.
This candied bacon recipe is perfect to make for holiday parties as well. I would suggest making them on the same day as your gathering. Store them at room temperature in an air-tight container.