The very first stitch I learned how to make was the half double crochet stitch. It used it create dishcloths for my sisters as a wedding shower gift.
I found some great patterns that use the half double crochet stitch. I hope you find something you enjoy!
Half Double Crochet Patterns
1. Free Crochet Dishcloth Pattern – Midwestern Moms
This was the very fist crochet project I ever worked on. There are detailed instructions involving the edging.
2. Crochet Dish Towel Pattern – Midwestern Moms
This is a simple pattern with all half double crochet stitches. It was made to accompany the dishcloth pattern above.
3. Textured Half-Double Crochet Dishcloth Pattern – Midwestern Moms
By alternating the crocheting into the front and back loops, it creates a little texture on the dishcloth.
4. Speedy Chunky Afghan – 7 Alive Handy Mom Projects
This is a beautiful afghan. She used 3 strands at once to make it and it uses all half double crochet stitches.
5. Dainty Bow Crochet Arm Warmers – Whistle and Ivy
I love these arm warmers! They are cute and perfect for when the weather starts to dip.
6. Cute and Easy Crocheted Boot Cuffs – Skip To My Lou
Speaking of cooler weather, I love how simple these boot cuffs are to make! Easily make several in different colors to match your outfits!
7. Heart Cup Cozy Crochet Pattern – One Dog Woof
This is an interesting cozy! I love how the heart is created with front post stitches.
8. Super Secret Storage Pouf – Chaleur Life
This pouf has two purposes, storage and some to lounge on! What would you use to fill this pouf?
9. Vintage Style Lamb Hat – Momma In A Stitch
This hat is adorable! It is on my “Wish I had a little girl” list of things to make. Maybe I could make one to fit my niece….
10. How to Work a Foundation Half Double Crochet – Petals and Picots
I know this isn’t a pattern, but it is a great tutorial on how to create a foundation half double crochet.
Which one of these patterns do you love? Have you tried any of these before?