Emoji Chocolate Covered Oreos
Have you seen the fun candy-coated Oreos? Aren’t these little hockey puck cookies SO cute?
These are just some fun cookies to make (no baking required!!!) for Valentine’s Day. The little heart-shaped eyes on the emojis are just perfect!
Instructions for Emoji Candy Coated Oreos:
Step 1: Melt your yellow candy melts according to the instructions.
Step 2: Add 2 tablespoons of candy melts to your cookie mold.
Step 3: Refrigerate until the candy melts harden.
Step 4: Melt candy melts again if needed. Put a dollop of candy melt into the center of the hardened candy melt. Place Oreo on top.
Step 5: Cover Oreo with more candy melts until the mold is full.
Step 6: Place your filled mold back into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to insure the candy melts have fully harden.
Step 7: Pop the candy-coated Oreos into a wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
Step 8. Using red decorators icing, add heart-shaped eyes.
Step 9: Using the black decorator’s icing, add smiles.
Now you can enjoy your emoji cookies!!
To store these cookies, place them in a single layer in an airtight container.
Emoji Candy Coated Oreos
- Cookie Mold
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts
- Red cookie decorator icing
- Black cookie decorator icing
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the yellow chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Fill each cookie mold with 2 tablespoons of the melted yellow chocolate.
- Chill the candy melts until hardened.
- Remove tray from refrigerator.
- Put a small dollop of melted yellow candy melts in the center of the hardened candy melt. (You may need to remelt your previous batch of candy melts).
- Place an Oreo cookie on top of the dollop hardened candy melt. Then spoon additional melted candy melt over the Oreos, up to the top of each mold.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once chilled, gently pop each cookie out of the mold and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- With the red decorator icing, pipe 2 hearts for the eyes of each emoji cookie.
- With the black decorator icing, pipe a smile on each cookie.