Have you seen the fun candy coated Oreos? Aren’t these little hockey puck cookies SO cute?
These are just some fun cookies to make (no baking required!!!) for Valentine’s Day. The little heart shaped eyes on the emojis are just perfect!
Instructions for Emoji Candy Coated Oreos:
*Please note, more in depth instructions that are easily printed are located at the bottom of the post. It just does not have the photos for visual.
Step 1: Melt your yellow candy melts according to the instructions.
Step 2: Add 2 tablespoons of candy melts to your cookie mold.
Step 3: Refrigerate until candy melts harden.
Step 4: Melt candy melts again if needed. Put a dollop of candy melt into the center of the harden candy melt. Place Oreo on top.
Step 5: Cover Oreo with more candy melts until mold is full.
Step 6: Place your filled mold back into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to insure the candy melts have fully harden.
Step 7: Pop the candy coated oreos into a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
Step 8. Using red decorators icing, add heart shaped eyes.
Step 9: Using the black decorators icing, add smiles.
Now you can enjoy your emoji cookies!!
To store these cookies, place them in a single layer in an air tight container.
Emoji Candy Coated Oreos
Yield 12 cookies
Fun Emoji candy coated Oreos for Valentine's Day!
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the yellow chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
- Fill each cookie mold with 2 tablespoons of the melted yellow chocolate.
- Chill the candy melts until hardened.
- Remove tray from refrigerator.
- Put a small dollop of melted yellow candy melts in the center of the hardened candy melt. (You may need to remelt your previous batch of candy melts).
- Place an Oreo cookie on top of the dollop hardened candy melt. Then spoon additional melted candy melt over the Oreos, up to the top of each mold.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once chilled, gently pop each cookie out of the mold and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- With the red decorator icing, pipe 2 hearts for the eyes of each emoji cookie.
- With the black decorator icing, pipe a smile on each cookie.
Store in a single layer, in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.