Easy Cheese Enchiladas makes for a great dinner. Adding the rice makes for the perfect side for these enchiladas. Kids will love this dish!
- 1 cup of white rice, uncooked
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 small tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (I usually leave these out as we don’t particularly like onions)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Cook your rice according to the instructions.
- Spread the rice on the bottom of an 8 x 11 baking dish.
- Pour about half the enchilada sauce on top of the rice.
- Mix your spices with 1 1/4 cups of cheese in a bowl.
- Add enough enchilada sauce to the cheese mixture just to make it stick together.
- Warm up the tortillas but placing them in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Divide the cheese mixture evenly between the 8 tortillas.
- Roll the tortillas into small cylinders and place them on top of the rice in the baking dish. Make sure it is seam side down.
- Spoon the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of the enchiladas.
- Cover with foil tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and add remaining cheese to the top of the enchiladas and bake for another 5 minutes.
Keywords: Easy Cheese Enchiladas Recipe with Rice