Summer is coming to an end and the school year is about the start. You may have all the school supplies ready to go for when the school has their open house. But are you truly ready for that first day? As a parent, we want our children to have the best first day of school and have the day go smoothly as possible.
Tips for the Best First Day of School
1. Ease into waking up early – No matter if your child has to ride the bus, walk, or you take your kids to school, it is sometimes tough to get kids up when they need to be. It is best to start getting them used to waking up to an alarm clock, if needed, at the same time every day. Start this a few weeks before school starts. Then it will not be so tough getting them up.
Also, start your normal school night regiment at this time. Getting them to bed at the same time will help as well. They will be rested and ready to for the first day.
2. Parents wake up before the kids – I know, I know. This part is rough for me too. I love the summer time schedule we have around here, but it is time to join the real world again. Starting a few weeks before school starts, I will also be getting up before the kids. This allows me to wake up, get around for the day, drink my cup of coffee (pst…there is a coupon at the end of this post), and be ready for the day.
Remember, your positive and bright attitude will help the kids have the same.
Looking for some different coffee recipes, like iced coffee or creamers, check out Settle’s Best Coffee and find some great printable coffee recipes.
3. Have everything ready to go the night before – It helps my son to have his backpack ready for school and his clothes picked out the night before. This way he can hop out of bed and get dressed quickly. He isn’t wasting time, trying to decide what to wear in the morning. Then when it is time for the bus, he isn’t scrambling for all of his school things when backpack is packed the night before. He grabs it and is waiting for the bus on time.
4. Chat about the day, before and after school – Chatting with your kids before school will help to ease any nerves they may have. Especially if it is their first year. They are unsure of what will be going on. Talking to them before hand is a perfect way to help them get pumped up for school. A perfect way to do this is by printing of this fun Best Day List of Questions from Seattle’s Best Coffee. It has great conversation starters and it is a fun keepsake to have.
Also, when they come home, chat with them about their day. Find out what fun things happened, what was the best part of the day and so on. This is a perfect way to help strengthen your bond.
5. Have fun with pictures before school – Everyone loves getting those first day of school pictures. Sometimes the kids are not that into pictures. Have fun with it. Get some goofy glasses or print out these fun Best Day Photo Signs from Settle’s Best Coffee. Having fun before school will set their mood for a great day at school.
6. Send a little gift for the teacher – Why not help the teacher have the Best First Day of School! Send something small to let the teacher know that you are thinking of them. It will brighten their day.
Print this easy Apple Box printable to send them a K-Cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee to help boost them when they need it.
7. Send fun notes to school in your kids lunch box – Don’t you wish you could be there at lunch time to see the smile on their face when they open their lunch box and see a fun note? Print these great Lunch Box notes from Seattle’s Best Coffee and brighten their day.
If your kid eats at school and doesn’t take their lunch, place it in their backpack. Some place they can find it easily and read it quickly in the day.
How you do help your child have the Best First Day of School?
Upgrade your cup to Seattle’s Best Coffee® for only a little more. Make sure you print your coupon for your favorite blend of Seattle’s Best Coffee! While you are there, check out all the fun Best Day Activities and printables!
I also want to Thank Seattle’s Best Coffee® for sending me an Awesome Best Day Kit. It will truly help us have the best first day of school.