In my 11 Tips to Start A Blog, I mentioned social sharing. I wanted to share a little bit more about why I love using SumoMe. Updated March 19, 2016: Scroll down to the bottom to see how you can get twitter counts back!
Here is why I love using SumoMe:
- It’s FREE!!!! – You read that correctly. It is free! There are extra items that a person can pay for, but getting started, you have all you need in the free package. All the options that I use on my blog are free. The only thing I have paid for is the removal of their brand logo.
- SumoMe is Easy to Install – Yes, it is truly easy to install. You can choose to use the wordpress plugin or use code. I chose to use the code to cut down on plugins on my site. After creating an account, simply place the code they provide you into your blogs code. Then verify with SumoMe. To complete the set up options you will go to the crown that shows up on your blog and log in. From there, you can edit all your SumoMe options. You don’t have to be logged into your blog’s dashboard to edit it either.
- Lots of options! – Just look at all these options that are FREE! These are all added after logging into the “crown” and clicking on the Sumo Store. From there you can install what you would like.
- Email List Building Tools
- List Builder – This is a pop up that will show up when your readers are about to leave your website.
- Scroll Box -This will activate a popup when a reader scrolls a defined percent of your page.
- Smart Bar – The Smart Bar is a sticky bar across the top of your blog’s screen.
- Welcome Mat – The welcome mat will be a full page overlay of your blog asking people to sign up for your email list.
- Google Analytics – Intergrate Google Analytics
- Content Analytics – This lets you know how much of the article people are reading.
- Heat Maps – Find out what people are clicking on and what isn’t working.
- Share – This is where you choose how you want your share bar to look – on the side, above a post, below a post, and more. You can choose how it will look on mobile as well. Also choose what social platforms you want showing.
- Image Share – This will pop up share buttons when people hover over images. You can choose what platforms you want people to share your photos on as well.
- Highlighter – This allows people to share part of your text.
- Discover – This is an option where SumoMe can help drive traffic to you.
- Contact Form – This is an easy way for people to get in touch with you.
- Email List Building Tools
- SumoMe Makes Sharing EASY – You don’t want to confuse your readers on how to share your content. SumoMe makes it is easy for readers to share by simply clicking a button.
- Analytics – They have easy to read graphs so you can see how readers are sharing your content. Here is a sample of what they look like. Pretty easy to understand, right?
- Progress Emails – If you sign up for emails from SumoMe, they send out great emails for letting you about your progress. They will let you how you compare to the previous week.
- Webinars – They have great informational webinars – for FREE! Most of the time, if you can not make it one, go ahead and sign up. They will send a replay!
I have been bummed about Twitter counts disappearing. Guess what I found!!! You can now have twitter counts and it works with SumoMe! Win, Win! You can get these back by using New Share Counts with your SumoMe. You won’t be able to get all your twitter counts back but they have access to the past 7 days of Twitter history. So it will pull those past 7 days of Tweets and will continue to count from then on. It is FREE as well!
What is your favorite feature?
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown if you loved this SumoMe: Social Sharing Made Easy, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the image to go to the article.