Love strawberries? How about strawberry meringues? These meringue cookies are perfect for you!
When making these strawberry meringue cookies, you will start mixing with your electric mixer the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
Following the instructions, add the 2 sugars and mix until you have stiff peaks.
After adding the strawberry flavoring and the pink food coloring you are ready to pipe it on to your cookie sheet. Make sure to use a star tip and a pastry bag to do this. You will also want to line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
The number of cookies will depend on the size you make the stars. This made approximately 48 cookies.Print
Delicious light and fluffy strawberry meringue cookies.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry extract
- 1–3 drops of pink food coloring
- In a standing mixer, add in the egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Mix on medium speed until soft peaks form and then increase to faster speed.
- Alternating between the sugar and powdered sugar, add in 1 Tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the strawberry flavoring and the food coloring and mix until combined.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe the meringues onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour at 225 degrees.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 20
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 15.5 mg
Keywords: strawberry meringue cookies