Delicious Spiced Roasted Figs and hazelnuts served over vanilla ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 8 ripe figs
- 1 1/3 cups of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup of blanched and toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Position broiler rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
- Halve your figs and place them cut side down into the spices.
- Then coat figs a second time with sugar mixture and arrange cut side up on baking sheet.
- Broil the figs for about 4 minutes. They spices should start to caramelize and the fig juices will start to ooze.
- Divide figs among 4 bowls. Spoon the Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each bowl and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Figs are best served warm with the ice cream.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 29.2 g
- Sodium: 23.2 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.1 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream