Savory Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Packed with wonderful flavors!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (if they are not frozen see post on how to prepare)
- 4 teaspoons of Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces of Pene Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese – Optional for topping
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the Penne Noodles.
- Cook on high.
- After about 2.5 hours, check the chicken. If it is cooked, take the chicken out and cut into bite sized chunks and place back into the slow cooker.
- Add the Penne noodles at this time.
- Once the Penne noodles are fully cooked, it is time to serve!
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Important Tip: Yes, there is enough liquid in the recipe to cook the pasta. However, you will need to keep an eye on the pasta and stir it around. Once the pasta is done and the sauce is to the thickness you like, turn off the slow cooker or turn to “keep warm”. You do not want to burn the noodles.
Keywords: slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo