This Santa Hat Cupcakes Recipe involves a doctored up boxed white cake mix and buttercream icing. These cupcakes are delish and so moist!
With this Christmas, cupcake idea is perfect for when the family is getting together or to leave for Santa Christmas Eve.
These Santa Hat Cupcakes were perfect for us to get into the Christmas Spirit. With it being usually warm lately and the lack of snow has made it hard to get into the Christmas groove.
How to make Santa Hat Cupcakes
Start with the red icing first and make a swirl. When you start, make sure you leave enough room to put white around the outside of the red swirl.
Once you have the red swirl, add a line of white around the red for the bottom of the hat.
To top of Santa’s hat, you need a white pom. So I choose to use white sugar pearls and topped each hat with a pearl.
Another tip: I used an ice cream scoop to dip the batter into the prepared cupcake tin.
Cute Christmas cupcakes made to look like Santa’s Hat!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups of powered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Red Food Coloring Gel
- White Sugar Pearls
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, and egg whites until well blended.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Scoop your cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Make sure not to get them more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding icing.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Split the icing into 2 different bowls. Put about 3/4 into one bowl and add the red food coloring gel.
- Read the rest of the post for how to decorate.
You may need to make 1 and a half batches of icing to cover all the cupcakes.
Keywords: santa hat cupcakes
What is your favorite Christmas treat to make?
More Cupcake Ideas
- Snickers Cupcakes Recipe
- Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
- Vanilla Mint Cupcakes Recipe
- Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe