Today I am giving you 5 random facts about myself, and that was the most interesting title I could come up with. I am participating in a monthly blog challenge hosted by my friend Tiffany over at Fabulous Finds by Tiffany. She really is fabulous, you should go check her out.
Now to the subject at hand — 5 random facts about myself.
1. Romance Novels are my crack. I probably read, at minimum, two per week. I don’t always love a happily ever after though. I like characters to be flawed and for the situations to emulate real life. Romance is such a broad category that I feel like I should break down the books I am most interested in. I love contemporary romances and anything in the new adult category. Basically, I like reading about more adult situations, but I won’t shy away from a great young adult novel either, as long as it is written good. I am also a huge fan of paranormal romance. When I tell people this, I get strange looks and asked if this is like “ghosts getting it on.” Um, not exactly. Paranormal romance is the category where Twilight would reside. Anything to do with your vampires, werewolves, and the like. Not that you asked, but I’m a vampire girl myself. #TeamColdblood
2. Since i can’t stop talking about romance novels, my random factoid numero dos is going to be me telling you that I am writing one.
Yes, me, the person with the horrible grammar and run-on sentences is currently in process of writing two novels. Thank goodness for editors! Writing a book is something that I have wanted to do since I was a week lad and I decided to take the plunge. Currently I have a paranormal romance and a contemporary romance both in the works. I’m planning on releasing one in the fall and hopefully the next in the winter. I plan on creating a series out of both books and am very excited to see where this new journey takes me.
3. Hot Wings should be a food group. I could eat hot wings for every meal and be perfectly content. But here is the kicker, I don’t like any other form of chicken. I haven’t always felt a hatred toward chicken, just in the past ten years or so. I think I must have eaten too much of it growing up or something.
4. I love to golf, but I’m forced to work. Golfing has been a hobby of mine for about 15 years. There is nothing more gratifying than teeing up the ball and wacking it as hard as you can with a titanium stick. haha! It is a fantastic stress release for me and allows me to enjoy the outdoors.
5. I am a domain hoarder. Some girls collect shoes, some handbags, and me? Domain names. I always tell my friends that I have more sites than sense. My brain runs constantly, so if I see one I think I may be able to use in the future, I buy it. Not unreasonable, right? Come on. . . I want to be able to justify this to my husband. 🙂
I hoped you have enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me! Stay tuned for tomorrow’s topic, my favorite quotes. (Which I’m very excited about since I’m a book nut!)