Awesome Pokemon Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Eggs, well beaten
- 6 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Black food gel coloring
- Red food gel coloring
- In a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and sour cream.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mix until blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour little by little and mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut out the cookies.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
- Combine all ingredients (except the food coloring) in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- If icing is not stiff enough add more powdered sugar until you get the desired thickness.
- Use a thicker icing for outlining.
- For flooding, add 1 teaspoon of water to the icing to thin it out.
- Divide out portions of the icing to add you food coloring gel to get the desired colors.
- Allow the icing to fully dry before stacking or bagging (could be up to 24 hours)
Decorating time will depend on your expertise.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 39.5 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 37.4 mg
Keywords: pokemon sugar cookies