Delicious Christmas Cookies!
- 3/4 cup of Butter
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 10–12 drops of Red Food Coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- 1 3/4 cup of Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the egg, food coloring and peppermint extract.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cram of tartar and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl.
- Shape the batter into a ball and chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, form the batter into 3/4 inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Take a drinking glass and flatten the balls into circles.
- Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt your chocolate wafers. Use a spatula and spread a layer of chocolate on the bottom of the cookies. Place the cookies on their tops while the chocolate hardens.
- Once the bottoms have harden, turn them over to decorate the tops with a Christmas designs. Make sure to use piping bag with a small tip.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 27.2 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 11.5 mg
Keywords: peppermint cookies