Delicious Peach Meringue Cookies. Careful, you may not be able to stop at one cookie!
- 1 Peach, skinned and cut into wedges
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 drops of pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees
- In a blender or food processor, blend the peach wedges until the puree looks like applesauce. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, add in the egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Mix on medium speed until soft peaks form and then increase to faster speed.
- Alternating between the sugar and powdered sugar, add in 1 Tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the peach puree, 1 Tablespoon at a time, and the pink food coloring. Continue to mix it until stiff again.
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe on the meringues onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 21
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 15.5 mg
Keywords: peach meringue cookies