Easy Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cupcakes recipe complete with Toodles! Perfect for a little one’s birthday!
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3–4 cups of powered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Food Coloring gel in the colors that you wish – I used green and yellow
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, flour, sugar, salt, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, sour cream, and egg whites until well blended.
- Add cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Scoop your cupcake batter into the prepared cupcake tin. Make sure not to get them more than 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding icing.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
If you plan on make the Multi-Colored Swirl, I suggest make 2 separate batches of icing and color each batch what you want. That way you don’t have to worry about making more and making the colors match.
Keywords: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cupcakes