If you’re a fan of lemon, these Lemon Bar Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect snack! With a light lemon flavor, this recipe is perfect for summer. Great for get-togethers or just because!
- 16 Ounces Mini Marshmallows (1 bag)
- 5 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 13 Lemon Sandwich Cookies, crushed
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Yellow Food Dye (optional)
- White Sprinkles
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place 10 of the cookies in a sealed baggie, and smash them with a rolling pin or similar item. You don’t want large chunks, but you down want them to be made into a powder either. Set aside. Repeat with the leftover cookies, but do those separately.
- Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large mixing bowl. Microwave for two minutes.
- Immediately stir until the butter is fully mixed into the marshmallow.
- Add the lemon juice and stir until combined.
- Add the yellow dye and stir until no color streaks appear. If you like the color, continue to the next step. If not, add more until you reach the color you prefer.
- Add the 10 crushed cookies and mix well.
- Add the rice cereal and fold the ingredients over each other until the cereal is completely coated by the marshmallow.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly across the pan before pressing it down firmly so it compacts together.
- Immediately sprinkle with the leftover crushed cookies and white sprinkles.
- Cover and let sit for about 4 hours or overnight, or until they’re set.
- Slice and Enjoy!
- If you would like to use a 9×13 pan, you’ll want to double the recipe or your treats will come out thinner. If you’re ok with this, no need to double then.
- These treats do not have a strong lemon flavor. They’re just a light lemon flavor. If you want an even stronger lemon flavor, you can add some lemon zest or a teaspoon of lemon extract before adding the cookies and cereal to the marshmallow.
- I like leaving the treats overnight for the best results in cutting them. However, this isn’t necessary.
- These treats will keep for up to 4 days, stored in a sealed container, in a cool dry place like a pantry. Do not freeze.
- Be sure to press down on the cookie crumbles and sprinkles after you add them to the top. This will ensure they stick well.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 195.9 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.2 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 15.5 mg
Keywords: Lemon Bar Rice Krispie Treats