Did you know you could easily make your own hummingbird nectar? I show you how to make homemade hummingbird food with 2 items that you have in your home already!
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water, boiled or purified
- If you are using tap water, boil water to remove all impurities.
- After the water has cooled, measure the water again to make sure you have not lost too much water. The ratio needs to be 1 part sugar to 4 parts water.
- Dissolve the sugar into the water.
- Add the sugar water to your feeder and hang outside for the birds.
NEVER use red dye!!! The birds will be able to find the feeder without the red color. You can use a glass feeder that has red glass.
Unused food can be stored in the refrigerator up to one week. Always check for fermentation before using stored food.
- Calories: 194
Keywords: Hummingbird food, hummingbird nectar