This recipe for homemade tomato soup is easy to make and tastes delicious! Serve this creamy soup with a side of grilled cheese. YUM!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes (or whole)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- Select Sauté in the Instant Pot and choose Normal. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook (while stirring) for 1 minute.
- Press Cancel.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and sugar.
- Secure the lid and make sure the pressure valve is closed.
- Select Manual and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow for a natural release for depressurization.
- Remove the lid once the Instant Pot is fully depressurized.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 733.1 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 46.3 mg
Keywords: homemade tomato soup