A simple recipe for making homemade sour cream with only 3 ingredients!
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 cup cream
- In a mason jar, whisk together milk and vinegar.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Add in the cream and stir until combined.
- Cover the jar with a lid or cheesecloth and allow it to sit at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
- Chill before serving. Keep sour cream in the refrigerator when not being consumed.
- Homemade sour cream will be slightly thinner than store-bought sour cream. This is due to the lack of artificial thickness that is added to store-bought containers.
- Buttermilk can be substituted for milk and vinegar.
Keywords: homemade sour cream