A simple recipe for making homemade sour cream with only 3 ingredients!
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 cup cream
- In a mason jar, whisk together milk and vinegar.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Add in the cream and stir until combined.
- Cover the jar with a lid or cheesecloth and allow it to sit at room temperature for 24-48 hours.
- Chill before serving. Keep sour cream in the refrigerator when not being consumed.
- Homemade sour cream will be slightly thinner than store-bought sour cream. This is due to the lack of artificial thickness that is added to store-bought containers.
- Buttermilk can be substituted for milk and vinegar.
- Serving Size: 1/8 cup
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 7.3 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 17.1 mg
Keywords: homemade sour cream