Delicious and gooey Grinch themed Rice Krispie Treats! Perfect for How The Grinch Stole Christmas movie night.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- 10 drops of green food coloring
- red candy melts
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the food coloring. Adjust amount to your taste.
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 9 x 13 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down.
- Allow to fully cool before cutting.
- Melt the red candy melts in a disposable bag in the microwave according to instructions.
- Pipe hearts onto each treat.
- Once the candy melts have harden, serve.
The amount of treats will depend on how you cut your treats.
Keywords: Grinch rice krispie treats, grinch rice crispy treats