Enjoy this salmon patties recipe that is made with fresh, not canned salmon. Using fresh salmon over canned gives these salmon cakes an excellent flavor!
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice*
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 fresh salmon filets, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup celery, chopped*
- ⅓ cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- optional garnishes; parsley, green onions, and red bell peppers
- Add ½ cups cup of the panko breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, garlic powder, old bay seasoning, dillweed, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to a large bowl and mix together until fully combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together eggs and add to the large bowl.
- Chop the fresh salmon filets into small cubes and add them to the large bowl.
- Add the chopped green onions, celery, red bell peppers, and white onion to the large bowl.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together and set them aside.
- Put the remainder of the panko breadcrumbs onto a plate. You may need more if you want more coverage.
- Make 8 patties and place them onto the breadcrumbs so the patties are fully covered. Pick each patty up and pack the breadcrumbs into the patty. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Once the bubbles have subsided place the patties into the skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and then place the patties onto a towel or paper towel to drain.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley, green onions, and red bell peppers.
- *Lemon juice and celery are optional. It really depends if one wants the lemon flavor and the earthy crunch of the celery.
- If you are not able to cook the patties in one skillet use half of the olive oil and butter for the first four patties. Before you make the next four patties wipe out your skillet with a paper towel and add the remainder of the olive oil and butter and start over. This will allow for the same golden-brown crust for all 8 patties.
- One could replace the salmon with crabmeat.
- If you want firmer salmon patties you can add more panko breadcrumbs.
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 332.9 mg
- Fat: 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 65.4 mg
Keywords: salmon patties recipe