Simple Enchilada recipe that uses rotisserie chicken!
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken- bones removed and shredded
- 2 large jalapeños seeds removed and minced
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro stems removed and minced
- 1/2 cup of baby tomatoes sliced for garnish
- 10–12 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup Colby-Jack shredded cheese (chicken mix)
- 2 cups of Colby-Jack cheese (on top of enchiladas)
- 1 large can store-bought enchilada sauce
In a large bowl combine your chicken, Jalapeños, cilantro, onions, and 1 cup of Colby-Jack cheese.
To assemble the enchiladas:
- Lay out a corn tortilla
- Add your chicken mixture to each tortilla. Make sure you don’t over fill it, you need to be able to roll the tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla and place them seam side down in a greased or non-stick spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Lay them tightly next to each other so they do not open up
- Add as many as you can to make it a tight fit
- Then pour the enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas,
- Now top off with the 2 cups of Colby-Jack cheese
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, baby tomatoes, onions, and minced jalapeños.
Keywords: Easy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe