This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bakery Crafts for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fun cupcakes that are perfect for Easter! These Easter Cupcakes are made with the help of Bakery Crafts Cookie Cupcake Decorating Kit. They are fun to make and taste great too!
This past weekend, I decided to have my three-year-old son help me out in the kitchen. We made some Easter Cupcakes with a fun Hatching Chick Cookie Cupcake Decoration Kit from Bakery Crafts.
We had so much fun! My son was in charge of adding all the dry ingredients when they were needed for the cupcakes and cookies.
His eyes just beamed because he was “Mommy’s Big Helper.” I am so happy I was able to brighten his day.
As I said before, we used the Hatching Chick Cupcake Decorating Set. The set comes with 24 cupcake liners, candy flowers, two colors of icing, and one cookie cutter. If the Hacking Chick set is not for you, they have a variety of others to choose from, such as:
- Easter Bunny Cookie Cupcake Decorating Set – This set is similar to the Hatching Chick except the set is bunny themed. You get 24 cupcake liners, bunny cookie cutter, candy sprinkles, and two tubes of icing.
- Easter Cake Decorating Set – This set is to top off your Easter cake. It comes with one banner and three Easter-themed toppers.
- Bunny Tail Icing Decorations – These are a cute editable bunny tail to finish off your cupcakes.
You can get these decorating sets at select Walmart stores. They can be found in the Easter Holiday aisle.
The only items you will need are your cupcakes and the frosting for the cupcakes. As a suggestion, I would grab some more Bakery Crafts White and Yellow icing for your cookies. If you want to get fancy, get some black for the eyes and orange for the beaks.
I used a sugar cookie recipe for my cookies. When they were cool, I used the icing provided in the kit to cover them.
Make sure to knead the tubes before opening to mix up the icing. The small tubes are perfect for small hands if your kids are the ones handling the cookie decorating.
When attaching them to the cupcakes, cut a slit into the top of the cupcake. Then you can slip the iced cookies into your cupcakes.
Make sure to frost your cupcakes after applying the cookies and top with the super cute candy flowers.
On the decorating, my son added the flowers. Or, I should say the flowers that didn’t end up in his belly made it to the tops of the cupcakes.
The decorating kit made things easy for us. I didn’t have to gather several different items to finish off our cupcakes.
It was very nice to have it all in one package. The Bakery Crafts Decorating Kit helped make our day together special.
Supplies for Easter Cupcakes
Pillsbury Cake Mix – Classic White – 15.25 ozWilton 601-5580 1/2-Ounce Certified-Kosher Icing Colors, Set of 12Hamilton Beach 64650 6-Speed Classic Stand Mixer, Stainless SteelWilton Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bags, 12 PackCute Easter Cookie Cupcakes!Click To Tweet
Easter Cupcakes Recipe
Delicious Easter cookie cupcakes!
Easter Cupcakes with Bakery Crafts
Yield 24 Cupcakes
Cute cupcakes perfect for Easter!
- 1 package of White Cake Mix with pudding added to the mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar, Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk
- Green Food Coloring Gel
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until they are well blended.
- Insert the cupcakes liners in your cupcake tin.
- Fill the liners with your cupcake mix.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before adding the cookies and the frosting.
- Beat the butter for a few minutes using your mixer on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- If you need stiffer frosting, add the remaining sugar.
- If you need a thinner frosting, add the remaining milk.
- Add your food coloring gel until you get the color desired.