Conversation heart rice krispie treats are the best rice krispies treats for Valentine’s Day!
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 9 x 13 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don’t want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Allow the treats to fully cool and set up.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out heart shaped treats and set aside.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with powdered sugar.
- After kneading the fondant, roll it out thinly on the powdered sugar surface.
- Using the same cookie cutter, cut out a hear shape.
- Spread a thin layer on top of the rice krispie treat.
- Lay the fondant heart over the rice krispie treat and press down gently to put it in place.
- Allow to harden a bit before writing on the hearts with the food writer. (I used a red one).
Store in air tight container.