Enjoy these irresistible rice krispie treats with chocolate chips on top!
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- mini chocolate chips
- Slowly melt the butter in a large pan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into an 8 x 11 greased dish. Use a greased spatula to spread out the treats and press down just a bit (you don’t want them to so compacted that they become rock hard).
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top of the treats and press down gently to make them stay on.
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 144.5 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 10.4 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip rice krispie treats, rice krispie treats with chocolate chips