Deliciously sweet candied bacon.
- 6 slices of Farmland Bacon – I used Honey & Maple flavored
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- Line a sided cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the brown sugar into a large bowl.
- Taking a slice of bacon at a time, toss the bacon in the brown sugar.
- Then place the bacon on the cookie sheet.
- If you have any brown sugar left, sprinkle it on the bacon.
- Put in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 mins.
- Check on your bacon. If it isn’t crisp and golden brown, cook for about 10 more minutes. You will not want the bacon to be completely crisp when you pull it out of the oven. It will finish crisping when you pull it out of the oven.
If you have a wire rack that can go into the oven, I suggest using it. You would place the parchment paper on the cookie sheet and then the wire rack. Laying the bacon on the rack would allow the drippings to fall away from the bacon. I didn’t have a rack and they still were very tasty!
Keywords: candied bacon