I saw a variation of this on the National Mango Board website in a ceviche, but wanted to cook the fish in the oven so I switched it up a bit.
I was very apprehensive to try this mango tilapia recipe out with my family because it isn’t something that I would typically make. I had some mangos left over that the National Mango Board had provided me to complete my post about Mango Waffles and wanted to try to use them all since we don’t get fresh mangos very often.
My family absolutely loved this recipe. My husband even mentioned that he loved how the mangos tasted along with the marinated tilapia and cilantro. Bless my family for sitting through all of the recipes that I try out for my blog! I can tell you one thing, cooking new flavors for my family has definitely got us out of the rut where we just eat the same things over and over again. I have been able to sneak in so many fruits and veggies that we weren’t eating before also!
Citrus infused tilapia tossed with mangos, onions, and jalapenos makes a great party dip to serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- 6 Tilapia Filets
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Mangos, Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Diced
- 2 Jalapenos, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place orange juice and lemon juice in a 9×13 pan and lay tilapia filets in the juice.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven, discard the marinade, and allow fish to cool. Cut into small pieces and place in refrigerator while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix diced mangos, diced onions, cilantro, jalapaneos in a bowl and toss.
- When fish is cool, remove from refrigerator and toss into mixture.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar and toss to finish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
For an additional party dip recipe, please check out my Buffalo Chicken Dip.