This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love decorating for the holidays! Getting out the tree and putting it up as a family has always been one of my favorite parts about Christmas.
I have a very tiny living room in which to display my holiday decor, so I have to decorate accordingly without it seeming over-done. We try to make the best use of our vertical space and have a tall tree, rather than one that is too full and will overpower the room. Here are some of my tips on how to decorate affordably in a small space.
- Incorporate holiday elements into your everyday decor. Adding some greenery over a hanging photo or simply changing the colors of your candles can create a more festive look.
- Utilize good wall space. Not all decorations have to remain on the ground. Find some that will hang on your walls that you can swap out when the seasons change.
- Use corners wisely! We have several pieces of furniture angled in our living room and I love to create holiday displays on them in the corners! It seems to give the decor good vertical space.
- Go small scale. When you have a little room, size DOES matter! Your tree doesn’t have to be as big as the Joneses and you don’t want to create an even smaller space that you can’t live in during the month of December.
- No fireplace? No problem! We hang out stockings on the banister in our split level home. Trim the tops with some holiday garland and you have a nice use of space that looks pretty too!
Now I’d love to know, how do you spread real cheer with your holiday decorating? Show me with your photos! Click “Add me” in the Cheer Tree below to upload your holiday decorating photos and share them with your Twitter followers and Facebook friends. Be sure to click on “Special Offers” to unwrap the hidden coupons and deals exclusively from Sears. Keep checking throughout the holidays–new deals are unlocked every day! For all your holiday decorating needs and solutions, don’t forget to visit Sears and discover real deals, real cheer!