Delicious and easy meatball sub recipe for when you are craving a Subway Meatball Sub.
I have been craving a Subway Meatball Sub for some time now. It is just not a restaurant we frequent much due to the boys food tastes. Hopefully, they will change their mind since I love eating there.
While walking around the store the other day, I seen a loaf of garlic herb french bread in the “Oops! We made too much” bin for 50 cents!!! This girl got a bright idea.
I went around and grabbed some sliced Provolone Cheese, frozen meatballs, and a jar of marinara sauce. I was going to make a meatball sub for lunch. YUM!
I told you this would be easy and it sure is!
First step, warm up your marinara sauce with your frozen meatballs. Simply dump both in to a sauce pan and heat until the meatballs are heated.
While you are waiting for the meatballs to cook, heat up your oven to 350 degrees.
Once the oven is preheated and the meatballs are warmed up, cut your bread and lay it on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
Add your meatballs and sauce to the bottom section of your bread.
Then lay the slices of Provolone Cheese over the meatballs.
Place your sub in the oven for about 5 minutes. Just long enough to toast the bread slightly and melt the cheese.
Once your sub is done in the oven, put the top of your bread on and slice into the desired length to serve.
This was SO easy to make and it truly hit the spot.
Easy Meatball Sub Recipe
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
Total 15 minutes
Easy meatball sub for when you are craving those Subway meatball subs.
- 24 oz. jar of marinara
- frozen meatballs (amount will depend on size of your loaf and meatballs)
- 1 loaf of garlic herb french bread (found in the bakery section of the store)
- Provolone Cheese Slices
- In a large sauce pan, heat marinara sauce and meatballs.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the loaf of bread to split it open.
- Once meatballs are heated, cover the bottom half of the bread with meatballs and sauce.
- Line Provolone cheese slices on top of meatballs.
- Place in oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Put the top half back on top of the sub.
- Cut sub into desired serving amounts.
Courses Main Dish
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown if you loved this Easy Meatball Sub Recipe, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the photos to view the articles.