If you haven’t noticed, I have been very interested in making my own cleaning supplies. I have been amazed at how easy it has been to make them as well as how much money it will be saving us. The one thing that will be saving us a ton of money is dishwasher tabs. Those little things can add up quickly in a month and I hate to do dishes by hand.
When the tabs are done drying, I placed them in a glass jar with a screw on lid. This will help keep moisture out of the jar. I added a chalkboard label to make it look cute while it sits on my counter.How to make your own Dishwasher Tabs!Click To Tweet
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups of Washing Soda
- 2 cups of Borax
- 1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 20 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Molds – I used these silicone square molds, but you can use ice cube trays or egg cartons.
- Mix all your ingredients in large bowl. The vinegar will cause some fizzing so pour it in slowly.
- Once it is all combined, you will notice that is is starting to clump. Press your mixture into your mold. Allow the tabs to dry about 24 hours before removing them from the molds. Using the molds I had, I got about 40 dishwasher tabs.
Place one dishwasher tab in the soap area of your dishwasher. I add a 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the bottom of my dishwasher to help with cloudy dishes due to hard water. You can also but the vinegar in a cup on the top rack right side up.
Are you ready to make the change and start making your own dishwasher tabs? If you are interesting in the essential oils that I use, feel free to contact me.
If you liked this diy dishwasher tabs recipe, you may like these other cleaning recipes:
- How to Make Toilet Fizzies
- Homemade Window Glass Cleaner
- How to Deodorize a Stinky Garbage Disposal Naturally
- Homemade Toilet Cleaner
You Are Also Going To Love:
Studies have shown if you loved this tutorial on DIY Dishwasher Tabs, you are going to love the following articles. Just click on the image to go to the article.