With my daughter’s birthday nearing, I’m digging out my recipes to make some goodies! I wanted to share with you this super easy, cream cheese mint recipe. I’ve made this for bridal and baby showers, weddings, birthday and anniversary parties. These are very easy to make up early and freeze before the big event so you don’t have to stress to make them the night before. Be careful though, don’t keep them in the freezer for too long or your husband might eat them before you get a chance to take them anywhere!
- 1 – 8oz pkg of Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1 – 2lb bag of Powdered Sugar
- Mint Extract
- Food Coloring (in your desired color)
- White sugar, used for rolling the mints
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and approximately 10 drops of mint extract together in a large bowl. You will most definitely get powdered sugar everywhere, which is part of the fun! I prefer the good old-fashioned way of using a fork and my hands to mix, however if you have a fancy mixer you can use your dough hook attachment to help mix.
- Add food coloring to tint the color of the mixture according to the directions on the package. Mix well.
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper and put the white sugar in a bowl to keep beside it.
- Pinch off a small bit of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Roll the ball in the bowl of sugar to give it a fine coating and then press into your mint mold. You can remove the mint from the mold right away and set aside on wax paper. Continue to do this until all mints are made.
- Let the mints sit overnight.
- Place into an air tight container and keep them in the freezer if you won’t be using them for at least a week.