This is a sponsored post for RESCUE. All opinions are 100% my own.
Life with kids is wonderful, fun, and full of moments to remember. There is also the stressful times as well. I have two small boys who can both be ornery and get into trouble. I am sure since they are small, the stressful times will become larger as they grow and find bigger troubles to get into.
What happens when you hear “MOM!” and you walk in to find your kid has found the flour and dumped it all over the floor, them, and the dog is running away screaming looking ghostly?? It may be one of those situations where your stress level goes up. Money situations, family squabbles, and about a million other things that could happen could cause your stress level to go up. What do you do?
5 ways you can bring your stress level to a minimum:
- Take a Breath: Before you act on your feelings, take a breath. Leave the room for a bit if you need to collect yourself. If the kids did something, remember, they are kids. They are learning, explain to them what happened and why you are upset.
- Do something to take your mind off the problem: Sometimes the things that cause us stress, we have no control over. Instead of stewing over it, get your mind of it. I personally enjoy crochet. So I will pick up my yarn and hook and go about making something that doesn’t require much thought.
- Learn to say “NO”: As moms, we tend to want to do everything. Running the kids to school, after school activities, clubs, camps or taking charge of the local bake sale, scouts, and other activities can wear us down. You need to set a limit to what you are comfortable with. Don’t spread yourself thin.
- Take time for Mom: What did I just say?? Yes, you need to take time for yourself. Even if it is escaping to take a relaxing bath. You are away from everyone and you can relax. Doing this will help keep your stress from compounding.
- Get some Sleep: I find the days that I don’t get a good nights sleep, I tend to get stressed out more easily. I know as a mom, getting sleep can be very hard. I have a teething son right now so I get woken up several times in the night. I just try to get to bed a little bit earlier than normal to help with the lack of sleep.
BONUS TIP: Sometimes we become stressed and it is hard to get calmed down. We need to be Rescued. RESCUE is a great way to help ease the stress. It is a natural remedy to help ease your stress. Want to give RESCUE a try? Get your coupon and start stressing less.
Follow RESCUE online:
This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and RESCUE blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.