My husband’s exact words to me today were, “If you could just go ahead and make puppy chow once a week, that would be great.”
Although I don’t make it once a week (I would cave on my diet if I did) I do try to make it around the holidays. My puppy chow recipe stores so well that I usually make a huge batch and can easily keep it in a closed container or even the plastic bag that I make it in.
Haven’t heard of puppy chow? It is a delicious snack that involves both peanut butter and chocolate coated Chex and is then covered in powdered sugar.
I’m warning you, this stuff is addictive.
- 9 Cups Rice Chex Mix
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Butter (I use Country Crock)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Bag M&Ms
- ½ Bag Conversation Hearts
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter.
- Microwave 1 minute. Remove and stir. Continue to heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the mixture is melted.
- Put the Chex Mix in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex and stir, ensuring it is all covered by the chocolate.
- Pour the powdered sugar in a large plastic bag.
- Spoon the chocolate coated Chex Mix into the bag of powdered sugar. Seal bag and begin shaking to cover the entire mix thoroughly.
- Open bag to add your m&ms and conversation hearts. Mix.
Check out some of these great Valentine’s Day themed recipes from my friends! Filed Under: Recipes