I love handing out handmade treats to close friends and family members during Halloween. This year, I decided to add some Smarties into my traditional Rice Crispy Treats recipe to jazz them up a bit and give them a kick for the kids! After all, Halloween only comes once a year. Smarties is one of my favorite candies to enjoy on Halloween because they are gluten-free, and are safe to give kids with peanut allergies (the perfect Halloween candy to hand out).
Smarties comes in so many great varieties and after I made these, I thought that they would also taste awesome with the tropical flavored ones.
For the recipe, I used the regular flavored Smarties.
In this recipe, it’s easiest to mix the Smarties with the cereal and pour the marshmallow mixture over the top, then stir.
Once I put these in the pan to cool, my daughter couldn’t keep her hands off of them. She kept sneaking over to pick some of the Smarties off the top of the treats!
Please enjoy my recipe for Smarties Rice Crispy Treats Below!
- 6 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallow Fluff
- 2½ Tbsp Butter
- 10 Small Packages of Smarties Candy
- Grease 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add marshmallow fluff to butter and stir continuously until melted.
- Place rice crispy cereal into a large bowl, add Smarties, and toss with your hands.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture into cereal mix and stir.
- Place into baking dish and allow to cool.
- Cut into 2″ pieces to serve.
One Midwestern Moms Reader will win a Smarties Prize Pack!
Open to US Only, 18+
Ends October 30th, 2012 at 11:59pmEST
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smarties. #CBias #SocialFabric